Recording Your Outgoing Message
Your outgoing message is heard by each caller into your number. You may change your message at any time you like.
If your number is currently playing a saved message from your resources, you may need to make some changes to your number's playlist.See Setting up a playlist
or contact Customer Service.
- Dial your number. If you have an extension, enter it when prompted.
- Press the star (*) key any time during the outgoing message.
- Enter your security code when prompted. If you are not prompted for your security code, something has gone wrong.
- Choose "Personal Options" (5) from the main menu.
- Choose "Change Greeting" (3).
- Begin recording your message at the tone (if you have an existing message, you have the additional option of listening to the current greeting or recording a new greeting).
- Press "#" to stop recording.
- Press "1" to accept, "2" to review, "3" to record again or "9" to cancel.
Once you have a recording you are happy with, all that is left to do is test it to make sure it is working properly. Hang up and call back in without accessing the mailbox (as any other caller would) and listen to your greeting. If it is satisfactory, you are done.